CCG Catalyst business case for In-House processing versus Software as a Service (Outsourced) analysis four technology alternatives a bank can pursue. These are:
- (SaaS) Software-as-a-Service is a model of software deployment whereby a customer subscribes to use an application as a service on demand. Commonly called Outsourced.
- Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) is the delivery of a computing platform and solution stack as a service. It facilitates the deployment of applications without the cost and complexity of buying and managing the underlying hardware and software layers.
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) is the delivery of computer infrastructure as a service. Rather than purchase servers, software, data center space, or network equipment directly, clients instead buy those resources as a fully outsourced service.
- In-house is where the Bank maintains or purchases servers, software, data center space, and network equipment directly. The Bank would maintain a staff to support infrastructure and maintain a full disaster recovery compliment
The four alternatives have a different alignment with the Bank’s current and future business objectives. In order to develop a sound business case that meets the objective of determining the In-House versus Software as a Service (Outsourced)t, CCG Catalyst will review and analyze the client business requirements. Which would include some of the following items:
- Current and long-term strategy, the bank’s mission, brand/value proposition, customer/market segment focus, products and services?
- What degree of control over processing systems from strategic, resource allocation and operating perspective is required?
- Current and future infrastructure cost as it relates to facilities, people, and technology
- What are the key risks associated with each alternative (i.e. Business/Strategic, Transaction/Operations/Security, Legal/Regulatory/Compliance, Conversion, Credit, and Reputation)
CCG Catalyst will assess the benefits, costs, feasibility, risks and issues associated with each solution. CCG Catalyst will recommend the preferred processing strategy going forward.
We create bank strategies focused on sustained profitable growth and competitive advantage
Strategy Product Planning
Business Case – Strategic Direction / Opportunity
Business Case – Evaluation
Business Case – Inhouse V SaaS